Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Deviled Eggs with Class...Part I: Wasabi Devils



Ever since I was a little girl I've been obsessed with deviled eggs.  My grandma would make them at every holiday and put them in this amazing crate, made just for deviled eggs.  Sometimes she would put olives in them, sometimes cheese or asparagus, but always something new.  I would look forward to this appetizer, and sometimes eat so many I'd have to skip out on some of the main course.  

So, I decided to try my own version of this time honored tradition.  I realized there are so many combinations I can try to make deviled eggs, so I'm going to make this a series.  

Deviled Eggs with Class...Part I: Wasabi Devils
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1-2 tbsp. Wasabi mayonnaise (from Trader Joes)
2 kalamata olives, chopped
1 sprig of parsley

Instructions:

1. Place the three eggs in a pot and cover with room temperature water
2. Place the pot on the burner and bring to a boil
3. Once boiling, cover the pot and turn off the heat
4. Let stand for 20 minutes
5. Rinse the eggs with cold water and after they've cooled, peel off their shells
6. Cut in half, length-wise and scoop out the hard yolk into a separate bowl
7. Add wasabi mayo to the yolk until it is a smooth consistency, around 1-2 tbsp
8. Scoop the yolk back into each egg middle (or if you have a ziplock bag, fill it with the yolk 
     mixture and squeeze into the egg middle)
9. Top each egg with the chopped kalamata olives
10. Place the parsley in the middle of the plate as a garnish

Voila!!  You're done.  This zingy treat packed just enough punch for your average guest, but not too much to leave you teary.  

5 comments:

  1. Those photos are so Pretty!!! Love the blue plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lordy, you're making me hungry...and now I'm adding more fab devils to my recipe collection. ;-) Check your email, girl, you've been *egged*. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job, missy! Nice work on the pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i don't even like deviled eggs but i am feelin these! which of our WCGirlies wrote this awesome piece a work?

    ReplyDelete